[Building Sakai] iCal feeds only viewable in MONTH view?

Johns, Cheryl cheryl.johns at yale.edu
Tue Apr 13 12:08:25 PDT 2010

Many thanks!

From: jonespm at gmail.com [mailto:jonespm at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Matthew Jones
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 3:08 PM
To: Johns, Cheryl
Cc: Developers Sakai-Dev
Subject: Re: [Building Sakai] iCal feeds only viewable in MONTH view?

Nuno's post is probably the best documentation:
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2009-September/003819.html

"The external calendar subscriptions feature work in Sakai, but, AFAIK, it

still has some (big) limitations:

- doesn't support full event days;
- doesn't support events not defined with <VEVENT>;
- doesn't support re-occurring events;
- doesn't support events without end time

Most of these issues are limitations of the library used (ical4j) and the ical import feature from the Schedule tool."

Most of these issues have specific jiras against schedule. I believe that events of this type just won't show up in the sakai calendar. You really just want to stick with events that have specific start and end dates/times.