[Building Sakai] FW: Sferyx editor

Rashmi Maheshwari rashmi at etudes.org
Wed Sep 30 10:23:25 PDT 2009

Hi George Ivanitskiy ,

In the Sferyx editor of Melete tool, are you able to embed a local media
file... It seems that you haven't configured the uploads
directory.Please make sure that you have followed step 3.1 from our
readme file.
Below is the extract of  step 3.1.

 /3.1 SFERYX SOURCE
        a. Purchase a license and binary source for Sferyx
(http://www.sferyx.com)
        b. Add the purchased applet jar file under /melete-app/src/webapp.
        c. Change settings in melete web.xml for enabling uploads of
embedded media
             *  Create a directory for enabling uploads of embedded
media via the Sferyx editor.
             * Make sure the owner and group of this directory is the
same as that of the tomcat instances.
             * Specify the absolute path to this directory in web.xml
under the uploadDir
             context-param settings *AND* under the Orielly filter's
settings.

                Eg. If you are on unix/linux, and your uploads directory
is /var/uploads,
                specify this in the following manner in web.xml

                <!--Context param area->
                 <context-param>
                     <param-name>uploadDir</param-name>
                     <param-value>/var/uploads</param-value>

> [...]