[Building Sakai] JLDAP issue

Am Khan akhan at acoe.org
Fri Sep 18 12:35:43 PDT 2009

Since no one replied to my earlier email, here it is again.  I am using JLDAP for active directory integration and having some issues.

 1.  I have auto bound set to true and provided an user id /password
 2.  I can login and sometimes I get an error.  When I get an error, refreshing the page resolves the problem.
What I found is even though maxResults is set to 1, searchResults.hasMore() returns true after the first match. Since there is only one result, 2nd time in the loop searchResults.next() throws exception.
JLDAPDirectoryProvider.searchDirectory(...)
while ( searchResults.hasMore() ) {
      LDAPEntry entry = searchResults.next();
      Object mappedResult = mapper.mapLdapEntry(entry, ++resultCnt);
      if ( mappedResult == null ) {
            continue;
      }
mappedResults.add(mappedResult);
}

 1.  2.6.x trying to validate user on the pre-login page, Am I missing any configuration?

Thanks and regards
ak