[Building Sakai] Sakai 2.6 Contrib Tool Migration

D. Stuart Freeman stuart.freeman at et.gatech.edu
Tue Sep 15 14:13:13 PDT 2009

I'm trying to make blogwow build against 2.6 or 2.5 with minimal manual
pom editing necessary.  I've done the "automatic method" at
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+2.6+Contrib+Tool+Migration+Tips
and with a little modification got it working if I build from within the
project directory.  However, if I try to build from a containing
directory with blogwow defined as a module it doesn't pick up the
profile.  This appears to be due to maven treating the file path in the
profile activation as relative to where the mvn command is run rather
than the location of the pom.

That led me to switch the activation to use the sakai.kernel.version
property, if it exists we activate the K1 profile, if not we use the
pre-K1.  This seems to be working for pre-K1, but I need to do further
testing to see that it works for K1.

It brings up another problem though.  Blogwow has existing profiles,
there's "full" that builds everything and is active by default, as well
as others like "ddl" and "tool" that just build those modules.  When the
pre-K1 profile gets activated the default full profile is deactivated,
but that's not what I want.  I can't just add the modules to the new
profiles as that would break the ability to build a subset of the
modules (I'm not sure how important that is to people).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

--
D. Stuart Freeman
Georgia Institute of Technology