[Building Sakai] When (if) plugin repositories go down..

Branden Visser branden at uwindsor.ca
Thu Sep 10 08:14:22 PDT 2009

Hi everyone,

Yesterday morning I was trying to deploy some patches to our servers,
and the deploy ended up hanging on this line:

[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-one-plugin: checking for
updates from codehaus snapshot repository

I let it hang for about 3 minutes before I killed the process.

My first instinct (a shot in the dark) was to disable snapshots for that
plugin repo, not sure if it should have solved the problem. After I did
this, the Maven build worked but it still output that line. So I'm
thinking the codehaus could have just come back up by coincidence?

To avoid any future problems, does anyone know what could have happened
here, and how to run completely local if I get stuck in a jam with bad
repos?

Thanks,

Branden