[Building Sakai] polling tool character limit bug?

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Wed Sep 9 14:31:13 PDT 2009

I believe this was just related to the details field being 255
character and increasing this field size to 4000 characters (in
oracle) or text in mysql (65K) was all that was needed. I think there
was code that was truncating it but it wasn't entirely working.

See for commits: http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-13310.

You should just be able to run the sql conversion to make the error go
away, you might have to patch the java to increase the character
limit.

-Matthew