[Building Sakai] rudimentary clicker device using report in email archive

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Sep 8 16:10:44 PDT 2009

I was talking with Botimer, and it seemed like you might have better
luck with SMS than with email via cell phone. You'd have to do a
pretty decent extension to email archive to make the result reporting
useful.

I know that UCT had worked on an SMS tool for Sakai but didn't know
they had a Questions and Answers component. It seems like a slight
modification of this might better fit your needs than email archive
would.

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SMS/Home
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QNA/Home

You could write a new tool/extension that could do it via email but it
seems like it would be more useful at that point to have students
either buy $30 clickers to interface with your clicker system or
$150-$200 ipod touches/netbooks to interact with a simple webpage (or
https://www.lecturetools.com/) which could provide them feedback.

-Matthew