[Building Sakai] Class lists Exception

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Fri Sep 4 01:01:42 PDT 2009

Hi all.

In all our courses (not in projects) we have the "Edit class list"
option in the Site Info tool. When we click the option, we get the next
option "Add class list". Clicking on it gives us one exception, which I
paste at the end of this mail.

We think that this exception could be related to several concurrence
problems we are experiencing in the Site Info tool.

Is there a way to deactivate the class lists management in courses? We
took off the group management in projects (cause we are using sections)
with the site.upd.grp.membership, but I don't see permissions related to
the class lists.

Our exception:

/WARN: Exception calling method doMenu_siteInfo_addClass
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException (Caused by
org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.api.exception.IdNotFoundException: No
org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.api.AcademicSession found with id
null) (2009-09-04 09:47:18,874
TP-Processor15_org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction)
        at
        at
        at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.actionDispatch(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:591)
        at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.processAction(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:507)
        at org.sakaiproject.cheftool.ToolServlet.doGet(ToolServlet.java:221)
        at
org.sakaiproject.cheftool.VelocityPortletPaneledAction.doGet(VelocityPortletPaneledAction.java:1005)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
        at
org.sakaiproject.vm.ComponentServlet.service(ComponentServlet.java:56)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at
org.sakaiproject.util.RequestFilter.doFilter(RequestFilter.java:555)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:679)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:461)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:364)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)
        at
org.sakaiproject.tool.impl.ActiveToolComponent$MyActiveTool.forward(ActiveToolComponent.java:459)
        at
org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.SkinnableCharonPortal.forwardTool(SkinnableCharonPortal.java:1344)
        at
org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.handlers.ToolHandler.doTool(ToolHandler.java:163)
        at
org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.handlers.ToolHandler.doGet(ToolHandler.java:86)
        at
org.sakaiproject.portal.charon.SkinnableCharonPortal.doGet(SkinnableCharonPortal.java:892)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at
org.sakaiproject.util.RequestFilter.doFilter(RequestFilter.java:592)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:548)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
        at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:200)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:283)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:773)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:703)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:895)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by:
org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.api.exception.IdNotFoundException: No
org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.api.AcademicSession found with id null
        at
org.sakaiproject.coursemanagement.impl.CourseManagementServiceFederatedImpl.getAcademicSession(CourseManagementServiceFederatedImpl.java:213)
        at
        at
        at
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:296)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:177)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:144)
        at
org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:107)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:166)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
        at $Proxy2.getAcademicSession(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
        at
org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:296)
        at
org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:198)
        at $Proxy2.getAcademicSession(Unknown Source)
        at
org.sakaiproject.site.tool.SiteAction.doMenu_siteInfo_addClass(SiteAction.java:6014)
        ... 46 more

/Thanks in advance.
--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
En teoría, no existe diferencia entre teoría y práctica; en la práctica
sí la hay.