[Building Sakai] Sakai creating new resource type

Ofer Chesler ofer at homsys.co.il
Wed Sep 2 12:09:29 PDT 2009

Hello,

   I have developed in the pas a moodle extension, and now I need to create
an equivalent extension for Sakai.

   In this extension I want to introduce new type of resources into the
system, these resource need to have their unique player.

*         What is the right approach for that?

*         Can I create a new resource (and player) in Sakai, or do I need to
something more drastic (like Content Hosting of new type)?

*         Can I modify an existing resource type (e.g. upload file), to try
and keep the regular user experience?

   Any point to relevant resources will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ofer

Ofer Chesler
HOMSYS Ltd.