[Building Sakai] Mac OS X (Snow Leopard) has on 1.5 JVM

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 1 04:19:59 PDT 2009

It seems that the latest version of Mac OS X (Snow Leopard) only
contains a Java 1.6 JVM (one way of saving space) and it's possible
that even if you're upgrading from Leopard you will lose your 1.5 JVM.
I think they point in pointers to the 1.5 JVM that just to the 1.6
one. As lots of Sakai developers are Mac users I thought this might
cause some issues. Someone has a post about how to get 1.5 back (but I
haven't tried this).

http://juggernaut.haet.ru/index.php/2009/06/24/java-1-5-in-snow-leopard/

At the moment we (Sakai) are still targeting a 1.5 JVM I believe,
however the move to 1.6 will happen in the near future?
http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-15874 - 1.6 Ticket
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.sakai.devel/29564 - Last
message about 1.6 on list.

--