[Building Sakai] joining a site from within the site itself

John Leasia jleasia at umich.edu
Thu Oct 29 07:44:01 PDT 2009

Adam,
maybe you were remembering autojoin.
Dave Haines here hooked it up for us, based on something Ian did at one
time I think.
If a site is joinable, and you go to
https:/sakai.edu/join/portal/site/<siteid>
you are joined with whatever role is set as the joinable role.

So you could put a link with that URL on the site I suppose, or just
give out that URL to get to the site in the first place. You can talk
with Dave about it - I'm not sure where the code is.

John