[Building Sakai] Development enviroment setup

Mustansar Mehmood mustansar at rice.edu
Wed Oct 28 08:02:02 PDT 2009

try
mvn eclipse:clean
to remove eclipse related stuff
and to regenerate try
mvn eclipse:eclipse
On 10/28/2009 09:41 AM, Miguel-Angel Guillén Navarro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to execute this script in sakai-src
>
> #!/bin/bash
> find . -name .project | xargs -i rm {}
> find . -name .classpath | xargs -i rm {}
> mvn eclipse:eclipse
> mvn eclipse:m2eclipse
>
> And I get the same errors.
>
> I work with this version:
> https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-2.6.0/
>
> regards,
>
> ----
> Miguel Ángel Guillén
>

> 2009/10/28 Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
> <mailto:steve.swinsburg at gmail.com>>
>
>     Hi,
>
>     check out this Jira ticket:
>     http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-13484
>
>     It lists how to really clean out the Ecliose metadata if you are
>     having trouble. Then just descend into a single project (ie
>     rwiki), run the mvn command as before, and you should be right.
>
>     What version Sakai are you working with?
>
>     cheers,
>     Steve
>
>     2009/10/28 Miguel-Angel Guillén Navarro <maguillen at pdi.ucam.edu
>     <mailto:maguillen at pdi.ucam.edu>>
>
>         thanks,
>
>         But now I've errors like this: Project 'rwiki-tool' is missing
>         required Java project: 'component-api'
>
>         I'm going crazy!!!
>
>         regards!!
>

>         ----
>         Miguel Ángel Guillén
>

>         2009/10/27 Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
>         <mailto:steve.swinsburg at gmail.com>>
>
>             In my opinion you don't need the whole source in Eclipse.
>             I've had issues with it all being in there as well. For
>             the various projects in Sakai that you might want to
>             import into Eclipse, you can issue:
>
>             "mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse
>             -DdownloadJavadocs=true" to generate the Eclipse metadata
>             files based on the dependencies in the POM, then just
>             import that project normally (Import Existing...)
>
>             If you are looking to develop a tool, build Sakai normally
>             via Maven so the artifacts are in your local repo, then
>             get the Sakai App Builder plugin for Eclipse and you'll be
>             set.
>
>             cheers,
>             Steve
>

>             On 28/10/2009, at 3:30 AM, Miguel-Angel Guillén Navarro wrote:
>
>>             Hi,
>>
>>             I'm trying to set up the development environment by
>>             following the steps listed in
>>             http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Development+Environment+Setup+Walkthrough
>>

>>             All steps well until we got to step 17.G (Build
>>             projects). Upon completion of the process I get a bunch
>>             of errors like "this package does not match this one."
>>             For example, the draft samigo in class
>>             com.corejsf.UploadFilter tells me "package com.corejsf,"
>>             does not correspond to "package java.com.corejsf" (which
>>             seems to be the expected eclipse). It's as if expecting
>>             some projects were inside the package java.
>>             (originalPackageName)

> [...]

Mustansar Mehmood
Educational System Developer&  Integrator

Information Technology
6100 Main St. MS 119
Houston Texas 77005

Phone:(713)348-2523
Fax  :(713)348 6099
email:mustansar at rice.edu

I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when,you  looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     -- Poul Anderson