[Building Sakai] Sakai 3 Capabilities

Nate Angell nate.angell at rsmart.com
Wed Oct 28 02:38:29 PDT 2009

Like many of you, I've been frustrated by my ability to put my head
around the conversations and intersections around Sakai 3.

After a conversation with Clay, I decided to put together a stab at a
wiki presentation of a Sakai 3 dashboard that might help us organize
and better understand our work.

Accordingly, I've posted the bones of an example below, where I've
begun a list of capabilities already under discussion for Sakai 3:
http://wiki.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/Sakai+3+Capabilities

And I began to flesh out one example capability: Grading:
http://wiki.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/Gradability

Still missing from Gradability are examples of actual (user)
experiences and technologies used to deliver this capability.

There are at least a couple of limitations I see already to this
format, but I'm open to suggestions and modifications:

1) Sakai 3 work is highly relational, yet it's handy to see material
in context. I already found myself cutting and pasting material that
might appear in more than one place.

2) The wiki format doesn't allow a preview of the "card" format, yet
the card format allows chunks of info to surface at the top of the page.

--
Nate Angell
Client Evangelist