[Building Sakai] Development enviroment setup

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 15:13:21 PDT 2009

In my opinion you don't need the whole source in Eclipse. I've had
issues with it all being in there as well. For the various projects in
Sakai that you might want to import into Eclipse, you can issue:

"mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadJavadocs=true" to
generate the Eclipse metadata files based on the dependencies in the
POM, then just import that project normally (Import Existing...)

If you are looking to develop a tool, build Sakai normally via Maven
so the artifacts are in your local repo, then get the Sakai App
Builder plugin for Eclipse and you'll be set.

cheers,
Steve