[Building Sakai] Browser support for Sakai 3?

Eli Cochran eli at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 21 09:09:21 PDT 2009

On Fluid we have always followed the Yahoo A grade browser support.

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/gbs/

One of the arguments that I have for supporting Safari is that webkit,
the HTML rendering engine of Safari, is the defacto standard on hand-
held devices. So supporting Safari is a step towards supporting the
iPhone, the Pre, the Blackberry, and Google Android.

Chrome also uses webkit for HTML rendering, although they use a very
different Javascript engine than Safari.

- Eli