[Building Sakai] Using Jira for user support issues

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Thu Oct 15 01:32:14 PDT 2009

Hi All,

We've started experimenting using Jira to track our user support
requests (rather than just for internal development issues) Our initial
experiences are positive but we need to work our a couple of workflow
issues. In this regard we would like to poll the community to see if
other are usign Jira for this purpose.

At the moment the support requests are received via email and jira
automatically logs the issue. This seems to work quite well except that
when users respond to a follow up they often cc the help alias which
leads to duplicate issues. We also need to settle on an effective
notification scheme.

Any advice gratefully received