[Building Sakai] Gradebook (the original) problem

Vivie Sinou sinou at etudes.org
Wed Oct 14 21:40:23 PDT 2009

Never mind. Figured it out.

The following combination of settings result in students' getting java
exceptions when clicking on the Gradebook.

1) Gradebook assignment items are set to NOT be included when calculating
course grade; yet, they are set to be released to students,

and under "Grade Options",

2) The following option is CHECKED: "Display any released assignments and
entered scores to students. Assignments that have been individually set to
"released" will not display to students until this is checked."

Checking #1 above in at least one assignment fixes the problem.
Alternatively, the GB is happy if at least one assignment from another tool
is sent to the gradebook and it is not empty.

Best,
Vivie

--
Vivie Sinou