[Building Sakai] DRAFT: Installing git on Mac OS X

Steven Githens swgithen at mtu.edu
Mon Oct 12 11:38:16 PDT 2009

That's probably fine. Though it kind of makes it sound like you are a
bad person ( honestly, I've been pretty happy with my click install
version of git when I have to use OS X ).

I just wish our quick start was quicker, for something that is
essentially just a java project people are going to load into Eclipse.

For instance on the K2 Getting started page couldn't we just say:

git clone git://github.com/ieb/open-experiments.git
cd open-experiments/slingtests/osgikernel # etc etc.

I'm a big fan of people having ( github | bitbucket | launchpad )
accounts, but when I want to try out someones project I really just want
to check it out.

I think it's good that we have these instructions for macports, and
github, and whatever else, but I don't they should preclude fast
instructions for people who just want to get the code and build it.  I
think it's just a matter of providing relative documentation for folks
who wish to do different amounts of customization.

-s