[Building Sakai] Investigating site exports from Sakai 2

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 04:52:37 PDT 2009

I think the flipside to the 'once schools are ready they will fix
archive' argument is that once schools are ready to move on, they may
see there is no good full export, or some other product/vendor will
tell them that the export is no good, and they may consider moving
away from Sakai altogether. That being said, they still need to get
their content out, but 'vendor lock-in' isn't a good selling point ;)

I know a lot of institutions that have Sakai are just consumers and
see Sakai to be a vendor type product, they have no resources to
devote to Sakai except to keep it running, so hope someone else will
do it for them and it will be 'in the next release'.

I feel its something the Foundation should perhaps address. Lets keep
the conversation going and see where it takes us :)

cheers,
Steve