[Building Sakai] Mailtool problem with attachments in 2.5.3

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Fri Oct 9 01:17:45 PDT 2009

Hi all.

We have a big problem with attachments in the Mailtool of Sakai 2.5.3.
Students can't open the attachments in the mails saved at the
Sent/Received folders. The attachment link opens the same mail one and
another time.

In the projects, these attachments work fine with the access/maintain
roles. But in the courses Mailtool folders, only the teachers are able
to open an attachment.

For example, the teachers/maintains/access see this link in the
https://miaulario.unavarra.es/access/content/attachment/Ingl%C3%A9s%20Re-hecho/sakai.messages/2a2ba422-b55f-40b5-89ab-aad577409a46/Cafe.jpg

while the students see this one:
https://miaulario.unavarra.es/portal/tool/e5ae5b6a-1045-469d-9bfd-96fa22900138/privateMsg/pvtMsgDetail

Fortunately, the attachments works fine when the user chooses to send a
mail to the recipient's mail addresses, the problem only happens with
the folders.

I have tried the Mailtool in the 2.5.5 QA Server for being sure that is
a bug, but the Mailtool in that server is very different of the ours, it
hasn't folders and it seems to save mails only in the Mail Archive tool.
Maybe the tool is different?

I have searched too in the Mailtool JIRA and I don't see any issue like
this.

Please, could somebody help us with this problem?

Best regards.
--
Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.