[Building Sakai] Java 1.6 for Sakai 2.7

David Haines dlhaines at umich.edu
Thu Oct 8 08:39:39 PDT 2009

SAK-15874 is tracking switching Sakai to compile under Java 1.6 but
reports little progress.  Since java 1.5 is EOL as of the end of this
month it seems like it is necessary to do this for 2.7 and it's time
to get cracking on it.

There is already some information about issues with switching the
Jira, but the last update was in May.  Can everyone with additional
information about issues or existing activity on moving to 1.6 update
the Jira?

Getting this switch accomplished is, I think, a good test of the new
approach to Sakai management and development.  If we can't get a
successful project going to get this done I don't know if we could be
confident about finishing any project.

- Dave

David Haines
CTools Developer