[Building Sakai] James email issues

Joshua Swink joshua.swink at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:42:23 PDT 2009

It reaches James from about three mail relay servers. In this incident:

- We restarted Sakai at 6:30 A.M.
- Over the next few hours, about 25 messages were received and relayed
through the email archive.
- At the same time, two of the relay servers were contacting James
once per minute to say hello (as they always do, without problems)
- At 12:40 P.M. James' 30 connections were tied up in the CLOSE_WAIT
state and it stopped accepting connections.

After restarting Sakai, this hasn't occurred again.

Josh