[Building Sakai] Nightly2 trunk build broken?

Joshua Swink joshua.swink at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 15:13:22 PDT 2009

I had the same problem (Failed to resolve artifact
org.sakaiproject:sakai-site-manage-api:jar:2.7.0-SNAPSHOT) on a system
where I build Sakai infrequently. On another system where I build
Sakai more frequently, it works. I copied the .m2 repository from the
working system to the non-working system, which fixed the problem. So
my guess is that this artifact is was available for a limited time.

As a further test I tried deleting the .m2 directory entirely and
building Sakai... it failed saying:

Unable to find the mojo
'org.sakaiproject.maven.plugins:sakai:1.2.0:deploy' in the plugin
'org.sakaiproject.maven.plugins:sakai'
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojoorg.sakaiproject.maven.plugins:sakai:1.2.0:deploy.

It seems that setting up a Sakai build environment from scratch would
entail chasing down several missing artifacts.

Josh