[Building Sakai] User in sakai_user_id_map but not in sakai_user

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 14:57:32 PST 2009

If you are using an external provider for instance the JLDAP provider, that
is expected behaviour. User's don't have internal accounts so they won't
have a record in SAKAI_USER. They should have a mapping in SAKAI_USER_ID_MAP
though which links their EID (jsmith26) to their USER_ID (the UUID)

If you delete their records in SAKAI_USER_ID_MAP they will be given a
different UUID when they next login. This will break anything linked to
their old ID and is probably bad.

However, if your provider is setup to also create accounts in Sakai, then
something is amiss.

cheers,
Steve