[Building Sakai] Eclipse Ganymede 3.4.2 - Anybody Using This For Sakai? ( the real post )

Charlie Macchia cmacchia at BrainOVision.com
Tue Nov 17 16:47:17 PST 2009

(Using Entourage on this computer, key commands are messed up, accidentally
sent the earlier message too soon, my apologies )

Hi Folks,

I¹ve got a nice G5 Mac sitting here with Eclipse Ganymede running on it (
OSX 10.5.8 ) - ran through the various steps to get a Sakai 2.6.1
development environment running:

What¹s interesting is I ran the Maven setup and built Sakai from it, no
problem, even got it running on a little mini here ( with sitestats added,
lovely little app! ), however, after running through the steps to get the
project built from within eclipse, not so much luck.

I get 62 errors with the latest 2.6.1 tag release ­ generally stuff like:

³ 'rwiki-tool' is missing required Java project: 'content-api' ²

²Project 'sitestats' is missing requird source folder: 'sitestats-bundles'

Š I checked the sitestats folder, sure enough, the bundles folder isn¹t
there ­ but maven didn¹t need it to build Sakai just fine.

I configured Eclipse as specified on this page ->
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BOOT/Development+Environment+Setu
p+Walkthrough

Including doing the maven commands:

mvn eclipse:clean
mvn eclipse:eclipse

( and )

mvn eclipse:m2eclipse

The repository has been specified M2_REPO

However, my java class paths in this version of eclipse are a dogs breakfast
­ yet the errors don¹t seem to be complaining about that ( well, not yet
anyway ) - in short, I¹m starting to think of just throwing everything out
and starting again, but I¹m wondering if anybody has any insight into these
types of errors first, they seem pretty specific: basically missing folders
and missing API files.

Please let me know, thanks!
Charlie