[Building Sakai] moved/removed javacode 2.5 - 2.6

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Fri Nov 6 06:31:26 PST 2009

Peter,

This is part of the transition to the "K1" kernel. That is, a bunch
of modules were pulled together as the fundamental base of Sakai. It
is just a repackaging for convenience and coherence. The only changes
required to a project should be in the poms.

Sakai 2.6 depends on the 1.0 branch of K1, which lives here:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/kernel/branches/kernel-1.0.x/

There are various posts to this list archived on how to update
projects. If you are just looking to apply local modifications, you
may want to look at the layout here. Once you get into the user/api
directory, for example, it's all the same as the old user/user-api
contents. It's pretty straightforward:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/kernel/branches/kernel-1.0.x/api/
src/main/java/org/sakaiproject/

Thanks,