[Building Sakai] update ehcahce to 1.5.0?

Ian Boston ian at caret.cam.ac.uk
Sun Nov 1 05:24:19 PST 2009

On 1 Nov 2009, at 07:54, David Horwitz wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> At the moment we are using ehcache 1.3.0. The latest release is 1.7.0:
>
> http://ehcache.org/changes-report.html
>
> It seems that we can straightforwardly upgrade to 1.5.0 9 9 (there
> seem
> to be API changes in 1.6.0 that break the memory service)
>
> thoughts?

IMHO, I would certainly go up to 1.5
but I would be very tempted to do the work in memory service to make
it work with 1.6. You should not have to change anything in the API
only the implementation so the scope will be limited to just memory
service impl. If that is not the case, then there is something really
very wrong with the API.

I will be updating K2 as
"This release introduces a new high performance cache core, which is
two orders of magnitude faster." in the 1.6 release is quite compelling

Ian