[Building Sakai] [Building Sak ai] New tool- Mvn dep loy- Build failure

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun May 31 10:22:47 PDT 2009

If you can't find your jars in a Maven repo then you'll need to either
contact the developers and ask them to add to a repo (preferred), or
download and bundle them in your app yourself. You can't just set them
to a version of 1.0 and expect it to work as they need to exist
somewhere as that particular version for Maven to be able to find them.

Saying that, if you are bundling them with your app then you don't
need them in your pom at all really.

But if you can find them in a Maven repo it will make building easier.
You can check the version of a dependency in a maven repo by lookin at
its pom, ie for xsdlib:
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/xsdlib/xsdlib/20030225/xsdlib-20030225.pom

version: 20030225

cheers,