[Building Sakai] How do I setup my sakai instance with xsl-portal?

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Fri May 29 07:39:04 PDT 2009

We use it here, its working just fine in 2.6.

If you are going to be doing some web design with it, here is some
helpful info.

# turn off to allow runtime changes of xsl template, meaning you don't
have to restart tomcat to see changes
xslt-portal.cacheTemplates=false

Also, you can attach ?xsltUseTemplate=xml to the end of any url, and
the browser will spit out the raw xml that is used in the
translation.  You can use this in conjunction with an xsl editor to do
offline work.

If you are wanting to modify the portal.xslt file you don't need to do
it in the source, you can simply copy it into a skin and the portal
will pick it up there.  This makes maintaining portal customizations
super easy in terms of upgrades.

John Bush
Development Manager
rSmart