[Building Sakai] Agora Functionality

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Fri May 29 06:31:40 PDT 2009

Hi Gopal,
The webcam isn't required, but I think a microphone is...
The "symptoms" you are observing really suggests a firewall issue - I would
suggest to completely disable firewall on server AND on client...

Nuno

2009/5/29 Gopal Patil <patil.gopal.a at gmail.com>

> Dear Adrian,
> I tried as per your's and Nuno's suggetion it was already like that. but
> then also i setup all steps again!
>
> but nothing unturned!
>

> any clue?
>

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Gopal
>

> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Adrian Fish <a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk>wrote:
>
>> Hi Gopal,
>>
>> This all sounds like firewall stuff to me; if no packets get through
>> clients are shown as disconnected. Have you tried shutting down any Norton
>> utilities you have running on your client? Windows firewall? Shut them all
>> down and give it another go.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Adrian.
>>
>> Gopal Patil wrote:
>>
>>>  Hello All,
>>>
>>>  any one please help me??
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Gopal :(
>>>
>>> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 2:47 PM, Gopal Patil <patil.gopal.a at gmail.com<mailto:
>>> patil.gopal.a at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>    Hello All,
>>>
>>>    Thanks for your valuable guidance.
>>>    after some ON/OFF in development,  i could run agora successfuly.
>>>
>>>    but it is showing me all users in disconnected mode and also my
>>>    own status is reception only mode! and I unable to interact with
>>>    other user of meeting.
>>>    Same for all functionalities of agora like chat,whiteboard,shared
>>>    desktop.
>>>
>>>    any idea? why it is so???
>>>
>>>    i dont have webcam  currently. it because of that??
>>>    or some another issue is there??
>>>
>>>    Please guide me.
>>>

>>>    Regards,
>>>    Gopal
>>>

>>> --
>>> Gopal
>>>

>> --
>> ==================================
>> Adrian Fish
>> Software Engineer
>> Centre for e-Science
>> Bowland Tower South C Floor
>> Lancaster University
>> Lancaster
>> LA1 4YW
>>
>> email: a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk
>> web:   http://agora.lancs.ac.uk
>>

> --
> Gopal

Nuno Fernandes  [www.linkedin.com/in/nfgrilo]
Software Developer - UFP-UV  [Universidade Virtual]
Software Developer - Sakai Foundation  [sakaiproject.org]
Sakai Fellow 2008 - Sakai Foundation  [
confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/x/FIF9AQ]

Universidade Fernando Pessoa  [www.ufp.pt]
Praça 9 de Abril, 349
4249-004 Porto
tel: + 351 22 507 13 00