[Building Sakai] is trunk broken?

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Thu May 28 22:03:47 PDT 2009

It looks like it's been building successfully but not starting up. P^2
was mentioning this earlier this afternoon.
"May 29, 2009 12:42:07 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Error configuring application listener of class
org.sakaiproject.util.ToolListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.sakaiproject.util.ToolListener"

Looking at the nightly build archives, the size changes from 287M to
279M between revision 62983 and 62999 sometime between 04:00 and 08:00
EST yesterday.

http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org/tarballs/

Most of the lost content is missing jars in shared/lib and common.
There were 4 changes to trunk during this time. My guess is that it
something was missing in the change to the kernel pom at 62984.

62984 - kernel/trunk
62985 - kernel/trunk
62986 - rwiki/trunk
62987 - search/branches