[Building Sakai] JLDAP user provider and LDAP server list

Dave Ross dave.ross at gmail.com
Tue May 26 13:27:16 PDT 2009

pretty sure you can just separate LDAP server host names with a space in the
configuration - e.g.:

<property name="ldapHost">
   <value>ldap1.university.edu ldap2.university.edu ldap3.university.edu
</value>
</property>

We used to do that - now we load balance our ldap servers using the same
hardware load balancers that spray sakai. So our JLDAP config just has the
load balancer VIP host. This has the added benefit of periodically running
an LDAP probe on the backend servers and proactively taking them out of the
pool when they go down.

-Dave