[Building Sakai] removing a user from a realm

will at serensoft.com will at serensoft.com
Tue May 26 12:46:33 PDT 2009

Quick: how do you remove one user from a realm (when the site-info
tool isn't cooperating)?

Long version:

Okay, in Site Info > add participants, we pasted in a bunch of student
user-names, which come via LDAP, and...

One of them winds up with a screwy LDAP lookup:

2009-05-26 15:22:36,792  WARN http-80-Processor13
org.sakaiproject.site.tool.SiteAction -
org.sakaiproject.site.tool.SiteAction at 8f2a81d buildContextForTemplate
chef_site-siteInfo-list.vm
java.lang.RuntimeException: getUsers(): LDAPException during search
[eid = user template2010][result code = Sizelimit Exceeded][error
message = null]

The userid we asked for was 'jblow' but now it's looking for 'user
template2010' instead. Now, the 'site info' display has an empty list
of worksite participants (and the logfile gets plenty of LDAPException
messages). There are no user names shown, and no checkboxes to click
-- so we can't remove the student there.

Looking at the realm itself (!admin > realms), lots of students are
listed properly except for one:
aeinstein
mcurie
173c909d-1daf-4094-bac5-adf3d2d1ae9b
inewton
bpascal

How do we remove that one miscreant from the realm? When we click that
user-name link, we get "Alert: internal error: user not found."

Is there some SQL that will unravel this?

--
will trillich
"Our only real economic security lies in our power to meet human