[Building Sakai] Question in creating new course site

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Sun May 24 22:00:09 PDT 2009

The userId in enrollment and membership usually mean the enterprise id
(EID). Like in Michigan, we have 8 digit number for university members. The
user EID is different from the id field in sakai_user table. The user_id
field has a UUID number and is internally to Sakai.

As for adding a list of use to the site, you can either use the "Add
Participant" choice inside Site Info tool to add multiple users, or you can
use the Web Services approach. For example, you can use
addMemberToSiteWithRoles from SakaiScript.jws.

/**
 * Add a user to a site with a given role
 *
 * @param 	sessionid 	the id of a valid session
 * @param 	siteid 		the id of the site to add the user to
 * @param 	eid		 	the login username (ie jsmith26) of the user you want to
add to the site
 * @param 	roleid		the id of the role to to give the user in the site
 * @return				success or exception message
 *
 * TODO: fix for if the role doesn't exist in the site, it is still
returning success - SAK-15334
 */
public String addMemberToSiteWithRole(String sessionid, String siteid,
String eid, String roleid) throws AxisFault

Please let me know if the methods works for you.

Thanks,

- Zhen
On Mon, 25 May 2009 10:37:20 +0700, "Phuc Bui" <phucbui2006 at yahoo.com.vn>
wrote:
> Dear,
>
> What does the userID in enrollment, membership mean ? It does not refer
> sakai_user ?
>
> By the way, how can I add a list of user in system to a available site ?
>
> Earlier, I have successfully created a list of users from a excel file as
> Sakai users. Now, how can I add them to sites ?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Phuc Bui

You

+-------------------+---------+------------------+--------------------+-----

-------+--------------+-----------------------+------------------------+----

---------------------------------------------------+----------+-------------

+-------------------+---------+------------------+--------------------+-----

-------+--------------+-----------------------+------------------------+----

---------------------------------------------------+----------+-------------
> ----+-----------------+
>
> |                 1 |       0 | NULL             | NULL               |
> admin      | 2009-05-14   | SMPL101 Winter 2009es | SMPL101 Enrollment
Set

> Sample course offering #1, Winter 2009 Enrollment Set | lecture  | 3
> |               4 |
>
> |                 2 |       0 | NULL             | NULL               |
> admin      | 2009-05-14   | SMPL202 Winter 2009es | SMPL202 Enrollment
Set

> Sample course offering #2, Winter 2009 Enrollment Set | lecture  | 3
> |               5 |
>
> |                 3 |       0 | NULL             | NULL               |
> admin      | 2009-05-14   | SMPL101 Spring 2009es | SMPL101 Enrollment
Set

> Sample course offering #1, Spring 2009 Enrollment Set | lecture  | 3
> |               6 |
>
> |                 4 |       0 | NULL             | NULL               |
> admin      | 2009-05-14   | SMPL202 Spring 2009es | SMPL202 Enrollment
Set

> Sample course offering #2, Spring 2009 Enrollment Set | lecture  | 3
> |               7 |
>
> |                 5 |       0 | NULL             | NULL               |
> admin      | 2009-05-14   | SMPL101 Summer 2009es | SMPL101 Enrollment
Set

> Sample course offering #1, Summer 2009 Enrollment Set | lecture  | 3
> |               8 |
>
> |                 6 |       0 | NULL             | NULL               |
> admin      | 2009-05-14   | SMPL202 Summer 2009es | SMPL202 Enrollment
Set

> Sample course offering #2, Summer 2009 Enrollment Set | lecture  | 3
> |               9 |
>
> |                 7 |       0 | NULL             | NULL               |
> admin      | 2009-05-14   | SMPL101 Fall 2009es   | SMPL101 Enrollment
Set

> Sample course offering #1, Fall 2009 Enrollment Set   | lecture  | 3
> |              10 |
>
> |                 8 |       0 | NULL             | NULL               |
> admin      | 2009-05-14   | SMPL202 Fall 2009es   | SMPL202 Enrollment
Set

http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~markjnorton/Sakai+Course+Ma