[Building Sakai] Few questions about Sakai realms

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 22 03:38:32 PDT 2009

Ooh ooh. I can help here.

No idea about #1

#2 .auth - all logged in users; .anon non logged in users. Some tools don't
work for .anon (there's a SAK for this) and (obviously) you should not let
.anon create any sort of content as this will introduce the possibility of
naughtiness.

When you add .auth or .anon you are prompted to select what permissions
these roles should have. Choose carefully. There's some tips in:
http://wiki.oucs.ox.ac.uk/weblearn/SakaiAdministratorFaq under then heading

"How do I configure a site so that all logged in users can access it?" (and
the following section)

#3 I think this template specifies the rights that a maintain role gets by
default within all newly created sites.(Maintain roles are used in project
sites.) If you change the template setting then all NEW sites get the
changed settings, exisiting sites must be patched via the DB to
retrospectively add the modifications.

#4 no idea about pubview - I wondered this myself. It seems similar to the
.anon role. !site.tempate is used if the type of site being created doesn't
have its own template. IE, if you create a site of type 'spud' then
!site.template.spud will be used, if it doesn't exist then !site.template is
used instead. No idea about !site.helper sorry.

Can help with your other questions, we only have project sites.

Adam

  _____