[Building Sakai] Deploying Sakai on a virtual host with other active apps?

Kevin P. Foote kpfoote at iup.edu
Thu May 21 13:34:24 PDT 2009

Sure apache virt hosts are fun..

But I would go ahead and make both 'services' apache virtual hosts.

Your syntax looked pretty good on the first over but If your going to do
the proxy then you only need tomcat to work on the ajp side 8009 etc..
ProxyPass will end up looking something like ..

ProxyPass / ajp://127.0.0.1:8009

and make sure you set tomcat to only work on the loopback addr then :-)

Here is the AdminGuide section Configuring Apache to proxy ...

http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/DOC/Sakai+Admin+Guide+-+Advanced+Tomcat++(and+Apache)+Configuration

------
thanks
  kevin.foote