[Building Sakai] enquiry: has anyone worked on loggedOutUrl customisation for different users?

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 20 06:04:44 PDT 2009

2009/5/20 Steve Swinsburg <s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk>:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a need for different user types to go to different locations when
> they logout. Currently there is a sakai.property to handle the general case:
>
> # the URL to send folks to after they logout
> loggedOutUrl=/portal
>
> However this is the same location for all users. I propose something like
> this:
>
> loggedOutUrl.guest=/some/location
> loggedOutUrl.otheruser=/some/other/location
>
> Has anyone done any work in this area? If so could you kindly let me know?
>
> Otherwise I'll be starting work on this shortly.

Yeah we have something that make container authed users go to a
different logout page to Sakai authenticated users. Does that sound
similar? or are you thinking about a different logout URL based on the
type of the user?

There's a patch for 2.5.x at:

http://git-repo.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=repos/local-version/sakai/login.git;a=commit;h=cd6b87e8dc6cfc7abb7857e94949d0ebafa71b2b

and an updated patch later in the branch I think (we have pulled in
the skinnable login code).

--
  Matthew Buckett