[Building Sakai] Sakai translation into Vietnamese

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Tue May 19 06:46:38 PDT 2009

Phuc,

    I've added some comments below. Let me know if you still have
questions.

- Beth

On May 19, 2009, at 3:31 AM, Phuc Bui wrote:

> Dear all,
> Would you please tell me where is the bundle of following tools:
> -          Test and Quizzes
sakai/sam/...

> -          Resources
sakai/content/... (and in 2.6.x, also in sakai/config/...)

> -          Site info
sakai/site-manage/site-manage-tool/tool/src/bundle

> At http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/I18N/How+to+Translate+Sakai
>  they said “Page and Tools titles are localized in thesakai/portal/
> portal-service-impl/impl/src/bundle/tools.properties file.” But I
> cannot find any file like that ?
Sorry -- the location of this file has moved around and the confluence
page has not kept up. I've just updated the confluence page with these
locations:

     * sakai/tool/tool-impl/impl/src/bundle/tools.properties (Sakai
2.5.x)
     * sakai/config/localization/bundles/src/bundle/org/sakaiproject/
localization/bundle/tool/tools.properties (Sakai 2.6.x)

> At http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/I18N/Frequently+Asked+Questions+(FAQs)
>  they said “Page titles (e.g. Welcome, About) are considered dynamic
> data that is stored in the database, not in properties files”. So I
> would like to know which table contains these titles? Because I have
> followed the instruction to edit in Page Order, but the display is
> not correct.

Page/Tool titles will be created in the default language at the time
of site creation, but some sites (e.g. Gateway) are created at
installation time. I've updated the FAQs to differentiate between the
Gateway site and other sites. Which worksite are you having trouble
with? Page & tool titles are currently saved in the SAKAI_SITE_PAGE
and SAKAI_SITE_TOOL database tables.