[Building Sakai] Remote Eclipse over X-Terminal

Nuno Fernandes nuno at ufp.edu.pt
Fri May 15 01:49:31 PDT 2009

Hi Daniel!

I do not have it currently configured, by I have done it in the past. If I
remember correctly:

1. The following environment variables must be set when launching tomcat:
export JPDA_TRANSPORT=dt_socket
export JPDA_ADDRESS=9000
export TOMCAT_JPDA_ARGS="jpda"

2. Then connect via Eclipse in Debug --> Remote Java Application (setting
host and port (9000)). Also, firewall on tomcat host must allow traffic to
port 9000.

I think this is it!
Nuno