[Building Sakai] FCKeditor improvement?

branden at uwindsor.ca branden at uwindsor.ca
Thu May 14 10:44:27 PDT 2009

Just to make sure we're on the same page Cheryl, my post is referring to
users pasting into FCKeditor  *without* using the "Paste From Word"
option.

FCK allows users to do a standard paste (not "Paste from Word", not "Paste
as Plain Text") that formats the output, but the source is much different
than if you were to use "Paste from Word". Ever since applying SAK-13922,
users' pastes when actually using "Paste from Word" seem to have gone
through quite well.

Best,
Branden Visser
LMS Application Programmer - Information Systems Services
Information Technology Services
University of Windsor

"Johns, Cheryl" <cheryl.johns at yale.edu> wrote on 14/05/2009 01:30:38 PM:

> "Johns, Cheryl" <cheryl.johns at yale.edu>
> 14/05/2009 01:30 PM

> "branden at uwindsor.ca" <branden at uwindsor.ca>
>
> cc
>
> sakai-dev list <sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>
>
> Subject
>
> RE: [Building Sakai] FCKeditor improvement?
>
> Yes, our users are pretty frustrated with the paste from Word option
> as well.  Much of the formatting is lost or just plain not correct
> when it comes through in the FCK editor.

Word"