[Building Sakai] Remote Eclipse over X-Terminal

Kevin P. Foote kpfoote at iup.edu
Thu May 14 05:45:53 PDT 2009

Hi Daniel

Id use cygwin / cygwin-x if I were you :-) They have never failed me
yet when i'm stuck on a xp box.

http://x.cygwin.com/

http://cygwin.com/

------
thanks
  kevin.foote

On Thu, 14 May 2009, Daniel Merino wrote:

-> Hi all.
->
-> Does anybody use, by chance, a remote Eclipse with a x-terminal over
-> Windows XP?
->
-> We have an Ubuntu with our local repository of Sakai and the Tomcat
-> where we deploy it, but we must install there the Eclipse to configure
-> it with Tomcat, Subversion, etc. So I have installed a X-Terminal
-> (Reflection X) on my XP in order to access remotely to Eclipse. And my
-> problem is that is running really slow, the IDE takes about 6-8 seconds
-> in painting the screen every time I minimize and maximize.
->
-> I don't think that it's a network problem, because the same remote
-> Eclipse runs smoothly in another Ubuntu. I must use XP for work matters.
->
-> Could somebody recommend me some X-Terminal software that is known to
-> work OK in this approach? Or another way to face this situation?
->
-> Thanks in advance.
-> --
-> Daniel Merino
-> daniel.merino at unavarra.es
-> Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
-> Tfno: 948-168489 - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
-> --
-> Lo importante no es saber, sino tener el teléfono del que sabe. (Les
-> Luthiers)
->
-> sakai-dev mailing list
-> sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org