[Building Sakai] Hibernate error in DiscussionForums

branden at uwindsor.ca branden at uwindsor.ca
Wed May 13 07:41:45 PDT 2009

Hello,

We've received a bug report (attached) related to hibernate sessions in
discussion forums. The affected user was our LMS administrator, I believe
she was trying to navigate to "Topic Settings" from the 'dfAllMessages'
view.

In the report, it shows that the parameters messageId, topicId and forumId
are unset. There doesn't seem to be any state info being passed in from
the page context.

We had a different bug report from dfAllMessages that was a
NumberFormatException due to the fact that 'topicId' was being passed from
the page context as 'null'. Has anyone else experienced issues related to
these values not being filled? Can anyone confirm that the attached bug
report would be the result of those ID parameters not being filled out?

We're running 2.5.2.

Branden Visser
LMS Application Programmer - Information Systems Services
Information Technology Services
University of Windsor