[Building Sakai] adding new JAR depend ancy to Sakai

Aaron Zeckoski aaronz at vt.edu
Fri May 8 15:32:21 PDT 2009

You probably need to provide a little more information. There must be
something in the tomcat logs (normally Sakai provides hundreds of
lines of logging on startup) so it would probably help to send that.
Also, what jars are you including? Are you replacing things or just
adding new things?
-AZ

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 7:51 PM,  <m_yaghmaie at modares.ac.ir> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been working on an AI component which I am going to add to Sakai. I
> have downloaded and installed the binary version 2.5.4. I want to modify
> some JAR files in Tomcat/shared/lib directory , i.e. change some class files
> in order to invoke some methods from another JAR files (my component) which
> I have also put in shared/lib directory. When I start up Tomcat I got
> nothing in the log files but the portal doesn't start. Should I define the
> new dependency between JAR files somewhere?
>
> P.S. Since my modification to the Sakai source is very little I would rather
> avoid building Sakai from scratch using Maven. The binary distribution seems
> to work for me.
>
> Thanks, Mak

Aaron Zeckoski (aaronz at vt.edu)
Senior Research Engineer - CARET - Cambridge University
[http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/~aaronz/]
Sakai Fellow - [http://aaronz-sakai.blogspot.com/]