[Building Sakai] Gradebook Categories & Weighting

Qu, Yuanhua yq12 at txstate.edu
Tue May 5 07:33:34 PDT 2009

Have anybody experienced following issue when upgrade from 2.4 to 2.5?  I didn't find similar report in Jira and nabble (maybe I missed).  Hope I can hear something from the community.

We have upgraded sakai from 2.4.x to 2.5.3 .  We have seen following 2 problems in Gradebook ->Gradebook Setup ->Categories & Weighting:

 for those sites that already existed in 2.4.x and have  their Categories & Weighting  setup already,  when we go to those sites in 2.5.3 , and go to  Gradebook ->Gradebook Setup looking at lower part of the page for section of "Categories & Weighting"

 1.  We see "No categories" was chosen; ( It should be showing "Categories & Weighting" was chosen instead)
 2.  If we manually choose "Categories & Weighting" , it shows the categories and weights,  but not showing weights correctly; in the weight fields, it all show like 0.5 (which should show as 50), seems that it shows just like what saved in the database table and didn't convert into percentage, thus result running total shows as  1% where actually it should be 100%.

Strange thing is that these two problems don't exist if we setup Categories & Weighting now, everything pulls out correctly.   I guess the key point is converting number to percentage, I didn't see any difference data stored in GB_CATEGORY_T table between the new weights created in 2.5.3 and weights existed in 2.4.x.

Any guide would be highly appreciated.  Thanks.

- Qu