[Building Sakai] Maven install issue

Adams, David da1 at vt.edu
Tue May 5 05:58:13 PDT 2009

> > and re-executing the command, maven tries to re-download all the
> necessary
> > resources that were downloaded before. Since this is a time
consuming
> > process and we have to run maven in online mode

Why do you "have to" run in online mode? Once you've successfully
completed a build, all the artifacts should be cached in your local
repo. At least, it works for me to run in offline mode (-o for anyone
who doesn't know) once I've done a full build. It's possible (likely) I
don't really understand what Maven's doing, though...

-dave