[Building Sakai] nightly build broken

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Sat Mar 28 12:26:09 PDT 2009

I just searched trunk pom.xml files for the artifactId "maven-
release" but only hit the release plugin.   The path

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/release/maven-release/
2.0-beta-9/maven-release-2.0-beta-9.pom

is wrong for retrieving a plugin but maybe the problem lies in our
release plugin definition which does not specify a <version>.  So
Maven attempts to retrieve the latest (2.0-beta-9) and for some
reason is unable to locate it.

<plugin>
         <inherited>true</inherited>
         <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
         <configuration>
           <tagbase>https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn-test/sakai/
tags</tagbase>
           <preparationGoals>clean verify install</preparationGoals>
           <autoVersionSubmodules>true</autoVersionSubmodules>
           <useReleaseProfile>true</useReleaseProfile>
         </configuration>
       </plugin>

Anth