[Building Sakai] IE 8

Steve Swinsburg s.swinsburg at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Mar 20 06:41:12 PDT 2009

That was a frustrating read. The article calls for all browsers to
implement these backwards compliant rendering modes.

All this is going to do is allow people to generate bad markup that is
hacked to work in some specific version of a browser and never update
it as bugs are fixed and new browsers released.

The comments on that article say it all:
http://www.alistapart.com/comments/beyonddoctype/

Steve