[Building Sakai] Sakai Development Process

John A. Lewis jlewis at unicon.net
Tue Mar 17 17:53:54 PDT 2009

I'm still consuming the details, but at a high-level this does seem to
attack some of the sustainability concerns that are always present with
community source projects -- for that reason, I think this is progress
in the right direction.

I also think this new process has some interesting similarities to the
Incubation Process (http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/INCU) and the
Steering Committees that Jasig has put in place over the past year.  I
think it would be useful to compare the two models, see where the
similarities and differences are, and see if both can be improved
through this review.  It would also be nice to to align the two models
as much as is reasonable so that we can continue to keep close
relationships between the projects and communities.