[Building Sakai] Tool Database - Metadata

Jim Eng jimeng at umich.edu
Thu Mar 12 06:14:39 PDT 2009

Hi Iuliana,

I would inject the ContentHostingService into my application.  So your
class might have a setter like this:

protected org.sakaiproject.content.api.ContentHostingService
contentService;
public void setContentHostingService(ContentHostingService
contentService)
{
	this.contentService = contentService;
}

Then if you have a resource_id, you can access that resource using one
of the API methods, such as:

http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/2.5.3/apidocs/org/sakaiproject/content/api/ContentHostingService.html#getResource(java.lang.String)

Notice that you will want to wrap that in a try-catch.

The resource itself has setters and getters for some properties.

http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/2.5.3/apidocs/org/sakaiproject/content/api/ContentResource.html

Others are in the ResourceProperties:

http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/2.5.3/apidocs/org/sakaiproject/entity/api/Entity.html#getProperties()

http://source.sakaiproject.org/release/2.5.3/apidocs/org/sakaiproject/entity/api/ResourceProperties.html