[Building Sakai] Sakai and Peoplesoft

Brian Sawert bsawert at unicon.net
Wed Mar 11 08:00:44 PDT 2009

kfaella wrote:
> I am looking for some help in determining what other institutions are doing
> for loading student and course data into Sakai.
>
> Here at the Univ. of Rhode Island we are running Peoplesoft 8.9.  To feed
> our existing WebCT system we run an LMS extract  to an xml file and load it
> into WebCT.  We would like to do something similar with Sakai.
>
> I understand that some of you do take xml out of Peoplesoft and import this
> into Sakai.  Can anyone provide me with some details about the kind of data
> you export from Peoplesoft and how you import this into your Sakai?
>
> We are trying to move into the Sakai world with a very limited staff and a
> limited time frame.  Any help anyone can provide will be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Katherine Faella
> Sr. Technical Programmer
> University Computing Systems
> Univ. of Rhode Island
> Kingston, RI

Katherine,

Take a look at Oracle's SAIP (Student Administration Integration Pack)
offering, especially if you plan to upgrade to Peoplesoft 9.0 or above
in the near future. Unicon worked with Oracle to develop the Sakai
integration, which does just what you're describing.

As a veteran of the old Peoplesoft/WebCT integration model you're
currently using, I'm impressed with the features and functions of the
SAIP product. I recommend talking to your Oracle rep for more
information, or you might contact John Lewis here at Unicon
(jlewis at unicon.net).

--

Brian Sawert
Unicon, Inc.